ME and Ophelia

Friday, August 27, 2004

 
ON A DARK DESERT HIGHWAY
Cool wind in my hair...

Here outside below is a huge truck unloading sound systems. It's a band -- well known for its Eagles tribute. Hey. If I keep my window open tonight, I'll get to hear live Eagles songs. Welcome to the Hotel California -- you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ...

Mirrors on the ceiling
Pink champagne on ice
And she said
We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
Relax said the nightman
We are programed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

We twenty and thirty somethings in Las Vegas sure understood those lyrics. And Willie Nelson's Stardust album -- we wore out. Can't explain here right now. These are notes to myself for a later date. If I listed every song I can think of, each one would trigger memories of times, people, places and events that I could blog about - at a later date.

If only I could get just 20% more energy, maybe I'd be up to it. Sure, I can manage emotive posts on the Sudan. But posts about myself, before I became ill, stir up reminders of the person I used to be, up until five years ago, and are in stark contrast to the person I am now - and make me realise I don't recognise myself anymore - or know who I am. Hopes and dreams - and the rest of my life - disappeared. So it is best that I let sleeping dogs lay. For now.

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely Place
Such a lovely Place (background)
Such a lovely face
They're livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise
What a nice surprise (background)
Bring your alibies

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 8/27/2004
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: