ME and Ophelia

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

 
SEEING THE LIGHT
Flies, bumble bees and a broken washing line

Today, at the Passion of the Present and Sudan Watch blogs, I have posted the following reports:

(1) Irish Prime Minister urged to press for UN intervention in Sudan - Khartoum had done "absolutely nothing" to meet UN demands. Plus:

(2) The UN's quiet diplomacy not working on Sudan - not one Janjaweed camp has been closed.

Can't do any more today - or post pictures - or reply to emails - it's been another heavy day today. Four unexpected visitors throughout the day, including decorator to rip out a windbreaker and paint something that was behind it - and bang windbreaker back in again - too long to explain here. But I had an earache and toothache and sore throat and couldn't use ear plugs.

Love getting emails but sorry I am unable to reply right now. Monalisa, your poem for Sudan was a wonderful surprise - thank you - still puzzling over meaning of Portugese word desamans - I'll email you as soon as I can. And Doug: thanks for the great pictures - heh - my Ophelia gives her tummy an airing like that too - it must be what cats do to keep so fragrant.

Here is a post I wrote a week or so ago that got buried amongst a pile of Sudan stuff in my drafts folder: it's called "SEEING THE LIGHT - Flies, bumble bees and a broken washing line", and I have posted it today, to my health blog, A Breath of Hope.
- - -

FACT OF THE DAY
Courtesy Scotsman.com

Fact of the day for August 31, 2004:

1997 Diana, Princess of Wales, 36, and her boyfriend, Dodi Fayed, died in a high-speed car crash in Paris, trying to evade chasing paparazzi.

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 8/31/2004
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: