ME and Ophelia

Monday, July 12, 2004

 
SEAGULL GETS ARTIFICIAL LEG
Made of Barbie doll parts

Here in England by the seaside, seagulls are culled :(

Local6.com reports the story of a seagull found by a yacht crew in Turkey, with a leg that was almost gangrene. The crew amputed the leg and fitted an artificial one, made up from Barbie doll parts.

Now the bird can walk and even run on the leg :)

[Thanks to Newsmeat]
- - -

Note, I found Local 6.com's seagull story in Newsmeat's news aggregator. Local6.com site states:

"Copyright 2004 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."

Having seen similar notices on other web sites, I wonder what they mean. If I am not gaining financially by publicising the seagull story, is it OK for me to post it with a courtesy link to the site - or should I provide just a link with no text - or not mention the story and site at all?

Usually, I am mindful when using material that is created through the sweat of someone else's brow and always credit sources with a link - and try to make it clear when quoting from someone else's text.

After I'd read the site's notice, I nearly decided against posting the story here. Now I'm wondering if I am doing wrong by "re-writing" the story. Does anyone know what is the correct thing to do?

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 7/12/2004
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: