ME and Ophelia

Saturday, November 15, 2003

 
BLOGGING REUNITES LONG LOST FRIENDS
And makes one think of guardian angels

Too many extra household and computer things going on here this past month have stretched my routine and taken their toll. I am over exhausted and have to take a break from blogging for a while in order to write Christmas cards. I do not have the energy for both.

On Wednesday, I received a lovely warm email from Rachel in America telling me that I have given a great gift to her. She had a very best friend when she was 13 years old. They have not spoken in 15 years. The friend found Rachel via my blog (Rachel's maiden name was in my July post re Iris's obituary), tracked her down and emailed her earlier this week.

Rachel then web searched her own maiden name and found my blog. Now she says she has her best friend back and has a new friend in me who was best friend's with her Aunt Iris. She thinks it's amazing, and that if it wasn't for me, her best friend would never have found her. She thinks I am her guardian angel :)

I mention that story here because it goes to show how good things can come of blogging. Most bloggers put a lot of time, effort, energy and thought into their blogs and receive little feedback in return. Some even question the point of it all and wonder if it's worth carrying on. Others have managed, in just a few short years, to develop two-way dialogue in their blogs which, to me, seems to be the most rewarding part of blogging. Communication with real people. I shall write again as soon as I can. Sorry I am a bit slow in keeping up. Please write me anytime, I'm always here, happy to hear from people, no matter how bad I am feeling. If you would like to receive a Christmas card from me, please email me your address. Bye for now. All the best, with love from Ingrid and Ophelia.

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 11/15/2003
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: