ME and Ophelia

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

 
- - -

THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD
Father, Son and Holy Spirit - three in one

Easter Monday, yesterday, I watched a stirring film on TV: The Greatest Story Every Told. And took some notes. Judas knew Jesus for three years and said he's the purest, kindest man he'd ever known, that his heart's so gentle old people worship him and children adore him. Jesus was finally charged with sedition, sorcery, blasphemy and open rebellion. Here's what Jesus said:

The Kingdom of God is here within you.
Love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rebuke your brother if he sins - forgive if he repents.
A grain of wheat is just a grain of wheat but if it goes into the ground many will be born and many will live.
A new commandment: love one another even as I have loved you.
Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
When questioned by a Roman, "are you the Son of God?" Jesus answered, "I am".
And when asked which god? Jesus answered "the Lord our God is One. All nations shall be gathered before him".
When asked [by the Roman] "why don't I know him [God]?" Jesus answered, "you have not looked for him".
Do unto your neighbour as you would have them do unto you.
No-one comes to the Father except by me.
Faith, hope and love. The greatest of all is love.
Every man who loves the truth, listens to me.
Forgive them for they know not what they do.
My kingdom is not of this world.
Do not weep for me, weep for yourselves and your children.
On the cross, Jesus answered the thief on his right: "today you shall be with me in paradise" [after the thief admitted his own guilt and said Jesus had done nothing]
My God My God why hast thou forsaken me. Thirst. It is finished. Father unto thy hand I commit my spirit.
Go now and teach all nations. Make it your case to love one another - leave worries of tomorrow - today's troubles are enough.
I am with you always, even until the end of the world.

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 4/13/2004
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: